Our Company Mission
- To introduce enzymes to the world
- To make enzymes a household product
Enzymology Research Center, Inc. (ERC) is an organically certified supplier of enzymes to the food, feed, equine and nutraceutical industries. Our close attention to detail and high quality standards have attracted some of the most reputable individuals and companies. ERC was founded in 1995 by Troy Aupperle, whose personal belief in and commitment to our products would certainly qualify as “extreme.” His recent conquest of Mt. Everest on May 22, 2009 and the completion of the 7 Summits has put him into an elite circle of climbers. He says that enzymes are the foundation of his success.
ERC is prepared and poised for continued success in the 21st Century. ERC has continually responded to the needs of its clients through the expansion of encapsulation, packaging and powder fill production capacity. Our new in-house, full-service lab and expanded blending capabilities are just a few of the more recent additions. We now offer the largest and most comprehensive selection of fermented, plant-derived and animal-based enzymes in the industry. The genuine, personal and competent customer service we offer is unmatched. We love what we do and it’s reflected in every aspect of our daily operation. ERC will continue to innovate and cause change as it is truly “The Enzyme Catalyst.”
• Company is founded in Arizona
• Produced Bloodworks Manual/Profile/Software Version 1.0
• Produced Phase Contrast Live Blood Conditions flyer/poster
• Introduced a state-of-the-art 44’ mobile bloodwork unit
• Official approval and introduction of enzymes to Taiwan
• Produced Bloodworks Manual/Profile/Software Version 1.2
• Relocated company to Minnesota
• Commercial property acquired and new building constructed
• Construction completed on a 4,000 square foot addition to be used
for production and warehousing
• Encapsulation production capacity is doubled
• Organically Certified (ICO)
• EURO Certified (Baltsert)
• All computers and operating systems upgraded to Mac
• Completed construction on an additional 4,000 square foot building to be used for production and warehousing
• Encapsulation production capacity is increased by 30%
• Packaging production capacity is doubled
• Powder fill production and packaging introduced
• New building construction started on 11,000 square foot packaging facility
• Construction completed and production and packaging operations are
officially split between the two buildings
• GMP compliant and audited
• New full-service, in-house lab introduced
• Blending capacity is increased by 300%
• Packaging is fully-automated and capacity increased by 400%
• Revised and updated website. NSF & NSF Sport Certified
• Kosher Certified (Blue Ribbon)
• Organic Certification transferred to Oregon Tilth
• Built new state-of-the-art facility (50,000 square feet)
• Added two fully automated encapsulators (medium capacity)
• Kosher certification transferred to Circle K
• Added one fully automated encapsulator (high capacity)
• Purchased fourth V. Blender
• Completed new 8,000 square foot warehouse
• Added new walk-in freezer/cooler
Aaron Busch has been with ERC since 2015. Prior to this, he streamlined production processes at two leading companies that resulted in a net gain of 18 -20%, and owned his own business.
At ERC he has brought our production to the next level as a very hands on supervisor that ensures all SOP’s and GMPs are followed. As Aaron puts it, “I work to live and I live to hunt, fish and camp!”
VP of International Development
Guillermo Salazar – As a native of Mexico and Managing Partner of Groupo Patron Consulting, Guillermo has over 10 years specializing in helping US based businesses expand their reach globally. Through his comprehensive approach and extensive network, Guilllermo has successfully helped multiple US based consumer businesses to launch manufacturing, sales, and regulatory operations in both Latin America and Asia.
Troy Aupperle’s ultimate mission in life is to introduce enzymes to the world. He has been involved in the enzyme industry for over two decades. He is the founder and CEO of Enzymology Research Center, Inc. one of the leading U.S. enzyme suppliers.
Troy is currently writing an enzyme book as well as presenting his “Reach Your Peak” seminars internationally.
Quality Assurance Manager
Emma Schlosser received her BA from the University of MN, Morris (UMM). She has many years of manufacturing quality experience prior to starting at ERC.
Emma manages all quality systems including training, SOPs, auditing, and testing protocols. Gardening, architectural drafting, and golfing are all things she loves. In fact, Emma was the first UMAC Medalist in Woman’s Golf history at UMM.
Brandon Meger has a BS from the University of MN, Duluth (UMD). He had prior experience working in the industry, testing products, auditing, writing and updating SOPs, and is FSPCA-PCQI certified. Following all FDA and GMP guidelines, Brandon oversees our state-of-the-art lab and has extensive computer skills. At ERC, he is responsible for improving the efficiencies in documentation and inventory.
When he is not running assays and doing microbial testing, enjoying time with his family and the great outdoors is what Brandon likes most.
Gini Velde has been with ERC since 2008 in various leadership roles. Prior to this she was in the food industry for 20+ years following strict guidelines and won various sales and operations awards.
Gini is GMP certified and responsible for providing strategic leadership for long-range goals, plans and policies for ERC.
Leon Peterson – Originally from Arizona, Leon’s commitment to the success of others had him sell his home and move to Minnesota to rejoin ERC. Leon is an entrepreneur at heart, and has created and helped create business’s, teams and leaders. Leon’s passion is discovering how humans operate and how to improve performance. Leon’s 17 years in corporate America has allowed him to pursue this passion of improved performance and pushing the human potential. He now brings his talents to ERC to help in the growth of this company committed to bringing enzymes to the world.
Sales Support - National
Sharlene Jennissen graduated magna cum laude with a BA from Luther College, Decorah IA. She is our customer contact regarding business development, managing accounts and related documentation.
Sharlene operates at a very high level and has served on a Health Care Home Advisory Board and edited memoirs from a local author. She enjoys traveling, photography, reading and trying new things!
ADVISORY BOARD – Our panel of experts.
Enzyme Advisor / Research Scientist
Viktoras Kulvinskas has been a practitioner in the Holistic field for over 35 years and has assisted tens of thousands through his lifestyle consultation services.
- Co-founder with Ann Wigmore of the Hippocrates Health Institute – presently rated as the top health resort by the International Spa Industry. Spent seven years in developing the HHI Live Food program – which has been adopted worldwide, affecting millions.
- Author of the best-seller Survival In the 21st Century plus six other books, with over 500,000 copies sold.
- Co-founder of Dick Gregory’s Obesity and Substance Abuse Resort – nutritional and educational director for two years both in Bahamas and Florida.
- Lecturer – Internationally for over 20,000 hours in the field of health
- Chef – served gourmet raw life food vegetarian feasts to over half a million
- Bishop of the Essene Church of Christ
- Planning a School in Culinary Arts (Montezuma, Costa Rica)
Born in Lithuania, during World War II, under a Piscean sky, he received his M.S. Degree in pure mathematics from the University of Connecticut, where he later taught mathematics. For six years he was computer consultant for Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, the Apollo Project, etc. He is a member of the Physics honor society Sigma Pi Sigma. He also co-founded, with Dr. Ann Wigmore, the Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston, where he was the Director of Research. As a nutritionist, he was the personal health consultant to comedian/activist Dick Gregory during his 900 mile run for peace.
Dr. Donese Worden
Enzyme Advisor / Naturopathic Doctor
Dr. Donese Worden is an Arizona-based physician and global health educator. She is renowned for identifying and helping to bring unique healing modalities and therapies from abroad to the United States. She is on the vanguard of integrated, naturopathic medicine.
Known as a lively and engaging speaker, Dr. Worden is passionate about educating people on taking charge of their health. She encourages patients to use the best from both conventional and natural medicine. For almost a decade, she has been helping clients achieve optimal health and energy. She does this with natural therapies and minimal or no drugs. Her therapeutic goal is to apply leading-edge, customized, alternative therapies that treat the root of the problem, not just its symptoms.
Dr. Kevin Connors
Enzyme Advisor / Chiropractor / Research Scientist
Dr. Kevin Conners graduated with his doctorate from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 1986 (though he practices only under his Pastoral Medical License) and has been studying alternative cancer care for over 18 years. He also holds AMA Fellowships (through the American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine) in Anti-Aging Medicine, Regenerative and Functional Medicine and Integrative Cancer Therapy. He is also in the process of earning the same in Botanical Medicine.
Dr. Conners has authored the following books:
Stop Fighting Cancer and Start Treating the Cause
Cancer Can’t Kill You if You’re Already Dead
Help, My Body is Killing Me
Beating Chronic Lyme
You’re Crazy – and other foolish things doctors tell patients needing brain therapy
The 3 Phases of Lyme
Is Hell the Only Difference
23 Steps to Freedom.